Industrial production measures changes in output for the industrial sector of the economy which includes manufacturing, mining, and utilities. Industrial Production is an important indicator for economic forecasting and is often used to measure inflation pressures as high levels of industrial production can lead to sudden changes in prices
Step to use this chart
- Select "unique colors" in color ( Right top side )
- Select "Time" at the bottom
- Select " growth rate " to see the growth
- lastly tick any sector to see the growth with time in right side box.
- TheEight Core Industries comprise nearly 38 % of the weight of items included in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
- The different sector has corresponding weight
- SectorWeightCoal4.379Crude Oil5.216Natural Gas1.708Refinery Products5.939Fertilizers1.254Steel6.684Cement2.406Electricity10.316Overall Index37.903